Aleppo Pine | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Aleppo Pine (Pinus halepensis) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Aleppo Pine
The Aleppo Pine — also known as Jerusalem Pine — is native to the entire coastal region around the Mediterranean Sea, and is one of the few pine species that occurs naturally in Africa, where it is especially prevalent in Morocco and coastal areas of Algeria. Steeped in the rich history of the Mediterranean region, the Aleppo Pine's strong and durable wood was used to build the historic Roman ships of Nemi, and in Greece, its tannin-rich bark is used to make the Greek wine, retsina. Today, Pinus halepensis is still widely cultivated throughout the Mediterranean and elsewhere.
A mid-sized tree, Aleppo Pine makes a fine ornamental, growing to maximum heights of around 60'. It has a wide domed crown of bright green needles and an often-twisted trunk covered with purplish brown bark. Aleppo Pines feature very distinctive, shiny reddish cones (approximately 4" long), usually clustered in small groups. Aleppo Pine grows moderately fast, and has a life-span of up to 200 years. The seed came from the forests surrounding Jerusalem, Israel.
This tree is not very demanding and will adapt to all kinds of soils. It is particularly well suited for arid climates, tolerates wind and drought, and thrives at the seashore. Aleppo Pines are tender when young, but established trees can withstand near-zero temperatures as well as extreme heat.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).