Aleppo Pine | Small Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Aleppo Pine (Pinus halepensis), a tree steeped in the rich history of the Mediterranean region!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Aleppo Pine
The Aleppo Pine — also known as Jerusalem Pine — is native to the entire coastal region around the Mediterranean Sea, and is one of the few pine species that occurs naturally in Africa, where it is especially prevalent in Morocco and coastal areas of Algeria. Steeped in the rich history of the Mediterranean region, the Aleppo Pine's strong and durable wood was used to build the historic Roman ships of Nemi, and in Greece, its tannin-rich bark is used to make the Greek wine, retsina. Today, Pinus halepensis is still widely cultivated throughout the Mediterranean and elsewhere.
A mid-sized tree, Aleppo Pine makes a fine ornamental, growing to maximum heights of around 60'. It has a wide domed crown of bright green needles and an often-twisted trunk covered with purplish brown bark. Aleppo Pines feature very distinctive, shiny reddish cones (approximately 4" long), usually clustered in small groups. Aleppo Pine grows moderately fast, and has a life-span of up to 200 years. The seed came from the forests surrounding Jerusalem, Israel.
This tree is not very demanding and will adapt to all kinds of soils. It is particularly well suited for arid climates, tolerates wind and drought, and thrives at the seashore. Aleppo Pines are tender when young, but established trees can withstand near-zero temperatures as well as extreme heat.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).