Austrian Black Pine | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Austrian Black Pine (Pinus nigra) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
Austrian Black Pine
Extremely common in Europe and Western Asia, Austrian Black Pine (Pinus nigra) is a very dark green, massive, and rugged tree of strong character. Its stiff, upswept needles are 3–7 inches long, arranged in pairs, and the tree features a dense, stout, oval-to-pyramidal form.
A slow to moderate grower, Austrian Black Pines can reach heights of 150 feet, and make an imposing landscape decoration or indomitable windbreak. This tree is highly tolerant of urban and seacoast conditions, as well as being extremely cold-hardy (down to -20ºF). Austrian Black Pines love the sun, can adapt to many soil and topographic conditions, and generally show off a very bold texture in the landscape. Their dense, dark green color and stout form have led some to characterize them as a "somber" tree. In age (the oldest Austrian Black Pine is more than 750 years old), the exposed bark features an ornamental white-and-black checkerboard pattern.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).