Austrian Black Pine | Small Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Austrian Black Pine (Pinus nigra), a dark green, massive, and rugged tree of strong character
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
Austrian Black Pine
Extremely common in Europe and Western Asia, Austrian Black Pine (Pinus nigra) is a very dark green, massive, and rugged tree of strong character. Its stiff, upswept needles are 3–7 inches long, arranged in pairs, and the tree features a dense, stout, oval-to-pyramidal form.
A slow to moderate grower, Austrian Black Pines can reach heights of 150 feet, and make an imposing landscape decoration or indomitable windbreak. This tree is highly tolerant of urban and seacoast conditions, as well as being extremely cold-hardy (down to -20ºF). Austrian Black Pines love the sun, can adapt to many soil and topographic conditions, and generally show off a very bold texture in the landscape. Their dense, dark green color and stout form have led some to characterize them as a "somber" tree. In age (the oldest Austrian Black Pine is more than 750 years old), the exposed bark features an ornamental white-and-black checkerboard pattern.
About Jonsteen’s Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California’s Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).