Ancient Bristlecone Pine | Seed Grow Kit
- Grow one of the world's oldest living organisms from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Bristlecone Pine (Pinus aristata) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Bristlecone Pine
The amazing Bristlecone Pine is perhaps the world's most ancient living organism. The oldest living specimen is almost 5,000 years old — meaning it is more ancient than Stonehenge, the Acropolis, and even Cheops' Pyramid. Awesome!
Bristlecone Pines grow at very high elevations in some of the most foreboding and hostile territory any tree calls home: exposed, rocky slopes at elevations between 7,000 and 12,000 feet in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, California, and New Mexico. In cultivation, the slow-growing Bristlecone Pine takes on a form quite different from its gnarled subalpine brethren, becoming a symmetrical, even luxuriant tree, fully clothed in dense, very dark, shimmering needles, and growing to heights of around 25 feet. The trees needles are often flecked with white dots of resin, and its woody cones bear the tree's namesake bristles.
The astounding longevity and amazing hardiness of the Bristlecone Pine make it a fascinating choice for ornamental planting in a diverse range of climates. Highly suited to container growing and smaller gardens.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).