Canada Sugar Maple | Seed Grow Kit
- Grow your own maple syrup-producing tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Fun and educational — great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Sugar Maple
Renowned for its exuberant fall foliage and famous for its role in producing maple syrup, Acer saccharum, commonly known as Sugar Maple, brings a handsome presence to streetsides, yards, woodland gardens, and natural forests in cool, moist climates throughout North America.
With their dense crowns of star-shaped leaves, showy bark, and impressive size (up to 100 feet tall, with crowns over 80 feet in diameter and trunks 3 to 4 feet across), Sugar Maples never fail to stand out in the landscape. In autumn, the these trees put on a spectacular show of vibrant color, as leaves change from dark green to brilliant yellow to deep gold suffused with scarlet. Sometimes called “Hard Maple” or “Rock Maple” in tribute to the their dense, tightly grained and highly decorative wood, Acer saccharum can live for over 250 years and grows from Nova Scotia all the way down into Georgia and the South.
While it prefers cool, moist climates, Sugar Maple can tolerate some drought, and will grow fairly well even in dry soils. These trees can grow in partial shade or full sun, but do best where they have plenty of room to show off their flamboyant colors and impressive physiques.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).