Coast Live Oak | Medium Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Coast Live Oak (Quercus agrifolia), a shade-tolerant tree from California's coast!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Coast Live Oak
Coast Live Oak (Quercus agrifolia), also called California Live Oak, is a small- to medium-sized evergreen occurring west of the Sierra Nevada, growing along the Coast Ranges from Mendocino County to Baja California.
Living for up to 250 years and reaching heights between 30–80 feet tall with diameters 1–3 feet wide, Coast Live Oak is characterized by its short trunk and large, gnarled limbs that spread upward into a dense and broadly rounded canopy. Leaves typically measure 1–3 inches long, are oval in shape, dark green in color, leathery in texture, and spiny-toothed. Acorns, known to have been harvested by at least 12 different Native American peoples, are egg-shaped and between 2–4 centimeters long. A shade-tolerant tree that thrives in well-draining soil along the Pacific Coast, Coast Live Oak is a great oak for those living in a milder, coastal climate.
About Jonsteen’s Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California’s Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).