- Grow your own Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida), beloved throughout the eastern United States for its attractive red berries, gorgeous fall color, and famous spring bouquet of bright white flowers!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Flowering DogwoodThe Flowering Dogwood, Cornus florida, is a beloved native throughout the eastern United States, ranging all the way down into north-central Florida. Tolerating a variety of climates and conditions, Flowering Dogwood grows naturally in 30 states and is the State Tree of both Missouri and Virginia.
The Flowering Dogwood Tree makes a marvelous addition to yard or garden, displaying nice symmetry and a rounded form that usually does not require pruning. These qualities, along with the Dogwood's attractive red berries, gorgeous fall color, and its famous spring bouquet of bright white flowers make the tree a highlight in many landscapes. Flowering Dogwoods typically reach heights of 20 to 25 feet, with crown spreads of 20 to 30 feet.
Dogwoods can handle full shade, full sun, and everything in between, so they can be planted in a variety of locations for a variety of uses, from patio trees for light shade, to color sources along borders, to specimen ornamentals in lawns or groundcover beds. Several hours of daily sun exposure is best for these lovely trees, and they also prefer deep, rich, well-drained, sandy or loam soils. Planting locations with heavy, wet soils are not recommended.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).