- The seed used to grow these Redwoods comes from trees adapted to higher elevations and harsher conditions at the species' most cold-hardy seed source
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
Nursery Note: Want to grow a Redwood, but worried about the cold? These trees — grown with seed collected from a wild stand at the very edge of the species' range, atop one of the highest ridges in the Santa Cruz Mountains — have adapted to a higher, colder, and generally harsher environment than most Coast Redwoods can handle, and might represent your best shot at successfully growing the planet's tallest tree!
About Coast Redwood
Reaching heights greater than 365 feet, the magnificent Coast Redwood is not only the planet's tallest tree, but also one of the world's most long-lived, with life-spans of more than 2,000 years. Fossil records also indicate that the species is among the most ancient of trees; its lineage dating back 160 million years. At maturity, typical Coast Redwoods tower 175 to 300 feet, and have massive trunks 8 to 20 feet in diameter with deeply furrowed, reddish-brown bark. Only 5% of America's ancient Redwoods remain, most under State and National protection. Now is a great time to plant a Coast Redwood!
About Jonsteen’s Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California’s Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).