- Grow the official State Tree of Colorado from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Colorado Blue Spruce (Picea pungens) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Colorado Blue SpruceColorado’s State Tree, the distinctive Blue Spruce, is the most popular ornamental tree in North America, and is known and loved throughout the world for its amazing blue-grey color and graceful symmetry. Blue Spruce first gained recognition among Europeans in 1862 upon Dr. C.C. Parry’s “discovery” of the remarkable silvery-blue species at Pike’s Peak in Colorado. Although Blue Spruce are native to higher elevations (up to 11,000 feet) primarily in the Rockies of Colorado and Wyoming, the species has been successfully cultivated in gardens and towns all around the world.
Blue Spruce is an imposing, long-lived, slow-growing conifer, typically 80 to 100 feet tall at maturity with trunk diameters of 2 to 4 feet. The largest Blue Spruce is 150 feet tall, measuring more than 16 feet around the trunk. The oldest known specimen is at least 600 years old. Blue Spruce make a great showcase ornamental, a fine windbreak, or an excellent container-grown living Christmas Tree.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).