Colorado Blue Spruce | Small Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Colorado Blue Spruce (Picea pungens), widely known and loved for its amazing blue-grey color and graceful symmetry!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Colorado Blue Spruce
Colorado’s State Tree, the distinctive Blue Spruce is the among the most popular ornamental trees in North America, and is known and loved throughout the world for its amazing blue-grey color and graceful symmetry. Blue Spruce first gained recognition among Europeans in 1862 upon Dr. C.C. Parry’s “discovery” of the remarkable silvery-blue species at Pike’s Peak in Colorado. Although Blue Spruce are native to higher elevations (up to 11,000 feet) primarily in the Rockies of Colorado and Wyoming, the species has been successfully cultivated in gardens and towns all around the world.
Blue Spruce is an imposing, long-lived, slow-growing conifer, typically 80 to 100 feet tall at maturity with trunk diameters of 2 to 4 feet. The largest Blue Spruce is 150 feet tall, measuring more than 16 feet around the trunk. The oldest known specimen is at least 600 years old. Blue Spruce make a great showcase ornamental, a fine windbreak, or an excellent container-grown living Christmas Tree.
About Jonsteen’s Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California’s Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).