Flowering Cherry (Washington Design) | Seed Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Flowering Japanese Cherry Blossom (Prunus serrulata) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Flowering Japanese Cherry Blossom
Each year, the National Mall and Memorial Parks celebrates the gift of ornamental cherry trees from Tokyo, Japan. In a ceremony on March 27, 1912, First Lady Helen Herron Taft and Viscountess Chinda — wife of the Japanese Ambassador — planted the first two trees of the thousands that were shipped to Washington, D.C. Mrs. Taft had lobbied for several years to have cherry trees planted throughout Washington, D.C., which was going through an urban redevelopment. The suggested areas included the area of the city then known as the “Speedway”; now it is Potomac Park.
Here's a Grow Kit that can bring the beauty of cherry blossom trees to your own yard or garden, and, each spring, you'll be greeted by a riot of pink flowers in celebration of your home's very own Cherry Blossom festival!
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).