Grand Fir | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Grand Fir (Abies grandis) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Grand Fir
Native to Southwestern British Columbia down into Northern California and east into Montana, Grand Fir (Abies grandis) is a very large, deep green tree, which, unlike most firs, grows in lowlands rather than mountains. Also known as "Giant Silver Fir" and "Lowland Fir" (among other common names), this Fir's needles are 3/4 to 2.5 inches long, and arranged in thin layers, almost as if pressed in a book. When bruised, Grand Fir needles smell like Christmas. Grand Firs grow somewhat more rapidly than other Firs — attaining mature heights greater than 300 feet and sturdy trunks (up to 10 feet across) — but their lifespans are somewhat shorter than many other Firs (around 400 years). This species makes a very fine ornamental or living Christmas Tree.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).