Incense Cedar | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Incense Cedar (Calocedrus decurrens) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Incense Cedar
Native to mountain forests in Oregon, California, Nevada, and Baja California, the Incense Cedar (Calocedrus decurrens) is one of the West's most impressive trees. At maturity, the Incense Cedar is an immense, symmetrical conifer with graceful, bright green plumes of aromatic, lace-like foliage and a heavily-buttressed trunk clad in deeply-furrowed, cinnamon-colored bark. Incense Cedars can be cultivated as ornamentals throughout the United States, and are especially good in arid regions. They are handsome, muscular trees with a multitude of unique characteristics, including their lush sprays of flattened foliage, plentiful cones — which resemble open ducks' bills — showy bark, and, of course, their spicy fragrance (from which they get their name).
Incense Cedars tolerate drought and salt quite well, and will grow in very dry soil and full sun, yet they also perform well in shadier, wetter conditions, giving the home gardener a variety of planting options. Without knowing it, most everyone is familiar with the wood of the Incense Cedar — we've all held it in our hands, and many of us have even gnawed on it. Because it resists splintering, Incense Cedar is used to make virtually all wooden pencils!
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).