Interior Live Oak | Medium Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Interior Live Oak (Quercus wislizeni), a California evergreen oak often as broad as it is tall!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Interior Live Oak
Interior Live Oak (Quercus wislizeni) is a small- to medium-sized evergreen from the foothills of California’s Sierra Nevada, where it grows 30 – 75 feet tall, 1 – 3 feet in diameter, and can live for up to 200 years. When open-grown, the crown of Interior Live Oak becomes dense and broadly rounded, with foliage often reaching the ground (typically, these trees are at least as broad as they are tall). Leaves are mostly flat, oblong to elliptical, dark green, leathery, and 1 – 1.5 inches long. Acorns are conical and slender, reaching lengths of 1.5 inches. Thanks to its thick, furrowed bark and sprouting ability, Interior Live Oak is fairly fire-resistant, as well as drought and shade tolerant — a great oak for those living in a hot, dry climate.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).