Italian Cypress | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Italian Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Italian Cypress
From the tawny rolling hills of the Italian countryside to the famous canvasses of Van Gogh, the statuesque silhouette of the Italian Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) appears as an unmistakable exclamation mark of beauty and formality in landscapes throughout the world. Native to southern Europe, the eastern Mediterranean region, and Asia, these tall, narrow, supremely vertical trees have been sought out by landscapers for millennia. Sometimes called Mediterranean Cypress, Tuscan Cypress, Graveyard Cypress, or Pencil Pine, Italian Cypresses are commonly deployed as formal sentinels at entryways, as living walls along property lines, and as softening agents planted next to tall buildings and hard urban edges. Today, Italian Cypresses are among the tree world's most cosmopolitan citizens — growing virtually any place where winter temperatures remain above 10°F.
C. sempervirens is a medium-sized coniferous evergreen (growing up to 115 feet tall) with a conic crown, level branches, and variably loosely hanging branchlets. The foliage grows in dense sprays, dark green in color. The leaves are scale-like, 2 to 5mm long, and produced on rounded shoots. The seed cones are ovoid or oblong, 25 to 40mm long. The male cones are 3 to 5mm long, and release pollen in late winter. It is a long-lived species, with some trees reported to be over 1,000 years old.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).