Japanese Black Pine | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Japanese Black Pine (Pinus thunbergii) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Japanese Black Pine
A classic choice for landscaping and a great bonsai tree too, Japanese Black Pine (Pinus thunbergii) is a robust, lush tree, plentiful in its native Japan, where it is known as Kurmatsu or Omatsu. A 2-needle pine with rich, bright green foliage, Japanese Black Pine's spreading branches form a broad, conical tree which becomes informal and spreading in age, often with a leaning trunk. This tree is suitable for yards, gardens, and container-growing in a variety of climates, as it will tolerate winds, seaside conditions, and both cold (down to -20F) and hot circumstances. Heights vary from 20 to 125 feet, depending on conditions.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).