Japanese Black Pine | Small Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Japanese Black Pine (Pinus thunbergii), a classic choice for landscaping and a great bonsai tree, too!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Japanese Black Pine
A classic choice for landscaping and a great bonsai tree too, Japanese Black Pine (Pinus thunbergii) is a robust, lush tree, plentiful in its native Japan, where it is known as Kurmatsu or Omatsu. A 2-needle pine with rich, bright green foliage, Japanese Black Pine's spreading branches form a broad, conical tree which becomes informal and spreading in age, often with a leaning trunk. This tree is suitable for yards, gardens, and container-growing in a variety of climates, as it will tolerate winds, seaside conditions, and both cold (down to -20F) and hot circumstances. Heights vary from 20 to 125 feet, depending on conditions. Also available to grow from seed in our Bonsai Tree Grow Kit.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).