Japanese Maple | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Japanese Maple
One of 21 maple species native to Japan, Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum) boasts the most airy and delicate aesthetic of all. Though no species has produced as many varieties, our "common" Japanese Maples have not only an uncommon grace and beauty, they are more rugged (withstanding more sun and wind), faster growing, and more drought-resistant than other, named forms.
The leaves of Japanese Maple are 2 – 4 inches long with 5 – 9 deeply cut fine-toothed lobes, and are the source of the Japanese common name for the species, "Kaede" (meaning "frog paws"). The slow growing Japanese Maple stays fairly small (usually around 25 feet tall), and provides year-round interest. Young spring growth is glowing red; summer's leaves are soft green; fall foliage is scarlet, orange, or yellow; and slender, leafless branches in greens and reds provide winter appeal. Hardy enough to succeed in most climates, Japanese Maple prefers filtered sunlight and little wind.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).