Leather Oak | Medium Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Leather Oak (Quercus durata), a small California oak with intricately laced smooth gray branches!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Leather Oak
Leather Oak (Quercus durata) is a shrub-like evergreen, growing 3–10 feet tall throughout California’s Klamath and Coast Ranges, as well as in the lower reaches of the Sierra Nevada. Though small, Leather Oak’s smooth, gray branches are intricately and beautifully laced beneath a rounded, tangled canopy. Leaves are convex to the point of curling, leathery, oblong to elliptical, and anywhere from 0.5–1.25 inches long, coming to a sharp point at their tips. Acorns are stoutly egg-shaped and can reach 1 inch in length. This is a great tree for anyone drawn to the oak form but short on space.
About Jonsteen’s Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California’s Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).