Noble Fir | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own tree from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Noble Fir (Abies procera) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Noble Fir
“Procera” means “tall,” and the Noble Fir (Abies procera) certainly lives up to its name. This narrow, graceful tree is the world’s tallest fir tree and the overall size champion of all our planet’s true firs in terms of diameter, height, and wood volume. In its native climes in the Pacific Northwest and Northern California, Nobel Firs climb like spires to over 300 feet tall, with sturdy, straight trunks that can be more than 11 feet across.
Popular in yards and gardens (and as a Christmas Tree species) since the mid-1800’s, Noble Firs in cultivation are generally not so large. They are slow growers, usually reaching heights of around 100 to 150 feet tall. Noble Firs are beautifully adorned in bluish, upswept needles piled on top of short, sturdy branches. These trees are naturally statuesque and symmetrical, tending to stay narrow and erect no matter where they are grown.
Noble Firs are cold tolerant to well below zero, and don’t like a lot of shade. They are among the most wind-firm of all trees, and do very well in highly exposed locations with full sun. With ample moisture, these trees can grow on a wide range of soils. Noble Firs produce an impressively large cone (6–10 inches long and up to 4 inches wide), and their resinous needles exude the unmistakable aroma of Christmas.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).