Douglas Fir | Lot of 30 Tree Seedlings
- Landscaping projects, windbreak plantings, restoration work, reforestation efforts — there's never been a better time to pick up the trees for the job.
- Grow your own Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii), the world's second tallest tree species!
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Douglas Fir
Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) is one of the world's most impressive trees. One noted naturalist called Douglas Fir "the highest expression of tree greatness in our time." Indeed, the Douglas Fir species forms some of the tallest and most magnificent forests in the world, dominating millions of square miles of wild forest in the West, from Alaska to Mexico. Except for California's unique Sequoias, Douglas Fir grows taller and greater in girth than any other American tree. The tallest Douglas Fir on record, now felled, stood almost 400 feet tall with a diameter in excess of 17 feet. These long-living trees can survive to ages greater than 1,000 years, and have a rapid growth rate. This species has long ranked first among U.S. lumber trees.
Widely cultivated as an ornamental in Europe, Douglas Fir, with its sweet fragrance and wonderful symmetry, is cherished in America as a prime Christmas Tree species. It is the official State Tree of Oregon and a hardy and well-traveled tree, which can thrive virtually anywhere in the world, provided adequate sunlight and moisture. Douglas Fir seedlings can handle almost any kind of soil or climate, and, ultimately, these trees become huge, incredibly tall, great-in-girth individuals, with soft, densely-set needles (to 1.5 inches long) radiating in all directions from the branches. The foliage has a distinct, pleasant fragrance, and the cones are highly unique, with unmistakable, conspicuously protruding trident bracts.
About Jonsteen’s Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California’s Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
Please Note: Shipping on this lot of Douglas Fir trees is a bit higher due to the exceptional height of current stock.