- Grow your own Piñon Pine (Pinus edulis), a small pine well-suited for container growing, rock gardens, and small yards!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Piñon Pine
A beautiful, small pine well-suited for container-growing, rock gardens, and small yards, Piñon Pine (Pinus edulis) comes from the desert mountains of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Wyoming. Also known as Nut Pine, this lovely tree is characterized by slow, bushy growth and small, roundish, light-brown cones containing large, delicious seeds valued for food.
Despite its hardiness and drought resistance, Piñon Pine is surprisingly uncommon in cultivation. The tallest Pinon Piñe is over 70 feet, but this species usually stays much more compact, growing to typical heights of 10 to 20 feet over the course of decades. For pine nut production, plant several specimens to cross pollinate.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).