Red Maple | Medium Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Red Maple (Acer rubrum), a beautiful, seasonally-entertaining tree!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Red Maple
Sometimes called Scarlet Maple, Shoepeg Maple, and even Swamp Maple, this species is native to the low, wet areas of eastern North America. Red Maple (Acer rubrum) is an abundant, adaptable species, widely planted as a shade tree. Red twigs, branchlets, and buds give Red Maple its name, as does the brilliant scarlet color of the tree's fall foliage. Leaves have 3 to 5 lobes and are 2 to 4 inches across, shiny on top and pale below.
A moderately fast grower, usually 60 to 100 feet tall (though specimens up to 180 feet-tall exist), Red Maple boasts a large, spreading canopy and showy flowers, and is often among the first trees to color-up in fall, especially in frosty areas. This is a beautiful, seasonally entertaining tree that is highly soil-tolerant and capable of thriving in many different settings.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).