Shore Pine | Mini-Grow Kit
- Grow your own Shore Pine, a great tree for small gardens and container growing!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Pinus contorta var. contorta from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Shore Pine
Shore Pine (Pinus contorta var. contorta), as the name implies, is a coastal species native to the western United States — ranging from Alaska to Northern California — usually found growing in sandy soils or sand dunes. Trees in windswept coastal areas are often dwarfed and contorted by winds, while garden-grown specimens take on a more compact, pyramidal form with just hints of irregularity.
Though not at its best in hot, dry regions, Shore Pine is a fairly adaptable and cold-hardy species (down to 0°F), and is often successfully cultivated well away from the seaside. Densely foliaged and easily-trained in youth, Shore Pine is a great tree for small gardens, and is likewise a good candidate for container growing. Sometimes called “Beach Pine,” “Coastal Lodgepole Pine,” “Screw Pine,” “Prickly Pine,” or “Knotty Pine,” this tree features 1 to 3 inch-long needles bundled in twos, deep, rugged bark, and small, prickly light yellow-brown cones. Trees can grow to heights of 100 feet, but typically remain below 50 feet-tall.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).