Sugar Maple | Medium Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum), the most famous maple syrup-producing tree in the world!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Sugar Maple
Renowned for its exuberant fall foliage and famous for its role in producing maple syrup, Acer saccharum, commonly known as Sugar Maple, brings a handsome presence to streetsides, yards, woodland gardens, and natural forests in cool, moist climates throughout North America.
With their dense crowns of star-shaped leaves, showy bark, and impressive size (up to 100 feet tall, with crowns over 80 feet in diameter and trunks 3 to 4 feet across), Sugar Maples never fail to stand out in the landscape. In autumn, the these trees put on a spectacular show of vibrant color, as leaves change from dark green to brilliant yellow to deep gold suffused with scarlet. Sometimes called “Hard Maple” or “Rock Maple” in tribute to the their dense, tightly grained and highly decorative wood, Acer saccharum can live for over 250 years and grows from Nova Scotia all the way down into Georgia and the South.
While it prefers cool, moist climates, Sugar Maple can tolerate some drought, and will grow fairly well even in dry soils. These trees can grow in partial shade or full sun, but do best where they have plenty of room to show off their flamboyant colors and impressive physiques.
About Jonsteen’s Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California’s Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).