Tulip Poplar | Small Tree Seedling
- Grow your own Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera), the tallest native decidous tree species in the United States!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Tulip Poplar
One of the finest and largest of the eastern American hardwoods, the Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera) graces yards and gardens from coast to coast in the United States, also ranging up into Canada and down into Mexico. The Tulip Poplar commonly attains heights of 80 to 100 feet and trunk diameters of 2 to 5 feet, but can grow much larger and much taller — in fact, it is the tallest native deciduous tree in America.
This impressive tree features an unmistakably unique leaf shape, wonderful, bright yellow fall colors, and showy and fragrant tulip-shaped summer flowers, from which the tree takes its name. While the Tulip Poplar is valued as a street, shade, and ornamental tree, it is also an important timber tree, whose wood is used for boat-building, furniture, and other purposes. It is also important to wildlife, attracting honeybees, butterflies, birds, and other wildlife with its spicy, aromatic fragrance. A member of the Magnolia family, the Tulip Poplar is the State Tree of Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
About Jonsteen’s Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California’s Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen’s 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).