- Grow your own Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum), an airy and rugged maple from Japan!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Japanese MapleOne of 21 maple species native to Japan, Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum) boasts the most airy and delicate aesthetic of all. Though no species has produced as many varieties, our "common" Japanese Maples have not only an uncommon grace and beauty, they are more rugged (withstanding more sun and wind), faster growing, and more drought-resistant than other, named forms.
The leaves of Japanese Maple are 2 – 4 inches long with 5 – 9 deeply cut fine-toothed lobes, and are the source of the Japanese common name for the species, "Kaede" (meaning "frog paws"). The slow growing Japanese Maple stays fairly small (usually around 25 feet tall), and provides year-round interest. Young spring growth is glowing red; summer's leaves are soft green; fall foliage is scarlet, orange, or yellow; and slender, leafless branches in greens and reds provide winter appeal. Hardy enough to succeed in most climates, Japanese Maple prefers filtered sunlight and little wind.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).