- Grow your own Grand Fir (Abies grandis), a very fine ornamental or living Christmas Tree!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Grand FirNative to Southwestern British Columbia down into Northern California and east into Montana, Grand Fir is a very large, deep green tree, which, unlike most firs, grows in lowlands rather than mountains. Also known as "Giant Silver Fir" and "Lowland Fir" (among other common names), this Fir's needles are 3/4 to 2.5 inches long, and arranged in thin layers, almost as if pressed in a book. When bruised, Grand Fir needles smell like Christmas. Grand Firs grow somewhat more rapidly than other Firs — attaining mature heights greater than 300 feet and sturdy trunks (up to 10 feet across) — but their lifespans are somewhat shorter than many other Firs (around 400 years). This species makes a very fine ornamental or living Christmas Tree.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).