- Grow your own Incense Cedar (Calocedrus decurrens), a cinnamon-colored and fragrant conifer!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Incense CedarNative to mountain forests in Oregon, California, Nevada, and Baja California, the Incense Cedar (Calocedrus decurrens) is one of the West's most impressive trees. At maturity, the Incense Cedar is an immense, symmetrical conifer with graceful, bright green plumes of aromatic, lace-like foliage and a heavily-buttressed trunk clad in deeply-furrowed, cinnamon-colored bark. Incense Cedars can be cultivated as ornamentals throughout the United States, and are especially good in arid regions. They are handsome, muscular trees with a multitude of unique characteristics, including their lush sprays of flattened foliage, plentiful cones — which resemble open ducks' bills — showy bark, and, of course, their spicy fragrance (from which they get their name).
Incense Cedars tolerate drought and salt quite well, and will grow in very dry soil and full sun, yet they also perform well in shadier, wetter conditions, giving the home gardener a variety of planting options. Without knowing it, most everyone is familiar with the wood of the Incense Cedar — we've all held it in our hands, and many of us have even gnawed on it. Because it resists splintering, Incense Cedar is used to make virtually all wooden pencils!
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).