- Grow your own Mugo Pine (Pinus mugo), a small, charming pine tree fantastic for small gardens or yards and ideal in containers!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Mugo Pine
“Short, stout, and round about” goes a long way in describing the wonderfully small and adaptable Mugo Pine (Pinus mugo). This tree is a dream for landscapers working in small spaces or for “container gardeners.” The smallest of the European Pines, Mugo Pine is also known as “Dwarf Pine” and “Knee Pine” in a nod to its typically small size. The tallest Mugo Pine is only 24 feet tall, but that is exceptional — normally, these trees remain well under six feet tall.
A slow grower that remains charmingly tiny for decades, Mugo Pine is perfect for small yards, gardens, and container growing on decks. It can add a splendid evergreen texture to small areas in a wide variety of climates. This Pine is from the Eastern Alps and Balkan States and the mountains of Spain and Central Europe. It has dark green, linear needles and a stout, symmetrical, very dense and pleasing form.
Mugo Pines are fantastic for small gardens or yards, along walkways, and ideal in containers as a wonderful patio or deck tree with a European flair. Extremely hardy in all but the hottest desert climates, Mugo Pine is a great tree choice when bigger is not better!
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).