- Grow the official State Tree of Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee from seed!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow a Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Fun and educational — great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Tulip Poplar
One of the finest and largest of the eastern American hardwoods, the Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera) graces yards and gardens from coast to coast in the United States, also ranging up into Canada and down into Mexico. The Tulip Poplar commonly attains heights of 80 to 100 feet and trunk diameters of 2 to 5 feet, but can grow much larger and much taller — in fact, it is the tallest native deciduous tree in America.
This impressive tree features an unmistakably unique leaf shape, wonderful, bright yellow fall colors, and showy and fragrant tulip-shaped summer flowers, from which the tree takes its name. While the Tulip Poplar is valued as a street, shade, and ornamental tree, it is also an important timber tree, whose wood is used for boat-building, furniture, and other purposes. It is also important to wildlife, attracting honeybees, butterflies, birds, and other wildlife with its spicy, aromatic fragrance. A member of the Magnolia family, the Tulip Poplar is the State Tree of Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).