- Grow your own Noble Fir (Abies procera), the world's tallest fir tree!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Noble Fir“Procera” means “tall,” and the Noble Fir (Abies procera) certainly lives up to its name. This narrow, graceful tree is the world’s tallest fir tree and the overall size champion of all our planet’s true firs in terms of diameter, height, and wood volume. In its native climes in the Pacific Northwest and Northern California, Nobel Firs climb like spires to over 300 feet tall, with sturdy, straight trunks that can be more than 11 feet across.
Popular in yards and gardens (and as a Christmas Tree species) since the mid-1800’s, Noble Firs in cultivation are generally not so large. They are slow growers, usually reaching heights of around 100 to 150 feet tall. Noble Firs are beautifully adorned in bluish, upswept needles piled on top of short, sturdy branches. These trees are naturally statuesque and symmetrical, tending to stay narrow and erect no matter where they are grown.
Noble Firs are cold tolerant to well below zero, and don’t like a lot of shade. They are among the most wind-firm of all trees, and do very well in highly exposed locations with full sun. With ample moisture, these trees can grow on a wide range of soils. Noble Firs produce an impressively large cone (6–10 inches long and up to 4 inches wide), and their resinous needles exude the unmistakable aroma of Christmas.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).