- Grow your own Scotch Pine, a popular Christmas Tree species and the most extensively distributed of the world's pines!
- Includes absolutely everything you need to grow Scotch Pine (Pinus sylvestris) from seed: seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions
- 100% guaranteed: If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed
- Great for kids and adults, amateurs to experts!
- A universal symbol of life, regrowth and recovery, enduring friendships and new beginnings, a tree is a wonderful gift that will only grow in value, meaning, and beauty
About Scotch Pine
Occurring in Northern Europe, Western Asia, and Northeastern Siberia, Scotch Pine (Pinus sylvestris) is the most extensively distributed of the world's pines, with a habit that varies from squat and bushy to tall and slender. A popular Christmas Tree species as well as landscape tree, Scotch Pine features showy orange to red-tinged bark, sage-green to bluish foliage, and 2 inch-long reddish cones.
Also known by the common names Scots Pine, Scotch Fir, Northern Pine, and Deal Wood, this tree features a straight, well-branched pyramidal form in its youth, and takes on an irregular, open, and picturesque silhouette with sparse, drooping branches in age. Scotch Pines can grow up to 150 feet tall, but are usually closer to 100 feet. It is a highly wind-resistant species that can grow virtually anywhere.
About Jonsteen's Grow Kits
Growing a tree from seed is a magical and fascinating experience for people of all ages. Our 100% guaranteed Grow Kits provide everything you need to germinate some of the world's largest and most interesting tree species from seed — seeds, growing medium, a mini-greenhouse, and detailed instructions, which lead you through the whole process, from cold-stratifying your seeds to germination and transplanting.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
If your seed fails to germinate or your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide free replacement seed. We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).