- Grow your own Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata), the largest member of the Cypress Family!
- 100% guaranteed: If your seedling perishes, we are happy to provide a replacement small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60)
- Seed-grown without poison or pesticides at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast
- Transplanting and care instructions included
- Trees can provide a natural barrier against high winds, temperatures, noise pollution and soil erosion, all while benefiting local air quality, wildlife and property values — a Jonsteen seedling will only grow in value and beauty!
About Western Red CedarAnother magnificent tree from the forests of the Pacific Northwest, Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata) is one of the largest members of the Cypress Family, achieving heights over 270 feet and trunks more than 24 feet across. Also known as "Giant Arborvitae" and "Canoe Cedar," this species was among the trees most sacred to American Indians, who called it the "Tree of Life," and used it for canoes, totem poles, shamans' drums, medicines, and a wide variety of everyday implements. A pest resistant species whose sprays of dark green foliage never discolor, Western Red Cedar is the official tree of British Columbia.
About Jonsteen's Seedlings
All of our trees are seed-grown — without poison or pesticides — at our nursery on California's Redwood Coast, which is inspected monthly and licensed by the California Department of Agriculture.
About Jonsteen's 100% Guarantee
All of our trees are guaranteed to arrive healthy and in good condition. If your tree perishes, we will replace it with a small-sized seedling for just the cost of shipping/handling ($4.60). We encourage all customers experiencing difficulties growing their trees to contact us through our toll-free "Tree Help Line" (1-888-387-3379).